This paper reports a 325-km ultra-long span repeater-less transmission system in a 17×10 Gbit/s optical transmission system by using different amplification schemes. We demonstrate two different amplification schemes which combine Erbium doped fiber amplifier (EDFA), Raman amplifier or combined EDFA and remotely pumped optical amplifier (ROPA). The amplification schemes are tested and compared, and the power budget of 72 dB by using the EDFA/ROPA scheme is obtained.
Subscribe & Follow
- Unified approach for performance analysis of Cognitive Radio Spectrum Sensing over correlated multipath fading channels
- A novel polarization division multiplexing system employing polar-OFDM with subcarriers interlaced
- Effect of parasitics in tunable X-band metamaterial isolators
- Validation of low-accuracy quantization in massive MIMO and constellation EVM analysis
- Photonic microwave frequency up conversion using unbalanced temporal pulse shaping in a cascaded modulation scheme